Simple And Delicious Sausage Rolls!
Believe it or not, the 5th of June officially marks the international Sausage Roll Day. What better way to celebrate this than with a tray of steaming hot homemade sausage rolls!
Here is what you need (for 24 little rolls):
500g of sausage mince (either buy a pack of ready made sausage mince or just buy whatever sausages you like and take the mince out)
4 tablespoons of tomato and barbecue sauce (2 spoons each)
3/4 cup of breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons of your favorite mustard
1 small brown onion and 1 carrot
3 sheets of frozen puff pastry (yeah, we are cheating a little bit here! Make sure the sheets are only partially thawed when you use them!)
How to do it:
- Peel and grate the onion and carrot and put it in a large bowl.
- Add mince, tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, bread crumbs, and mustard. Mix well and put aside.
- Preheat the oven 180°C (fan heat, otherwise 200°C).
- Take the pastry sheets, cut them in halves and spread them out on your worktop.
- Roll half a cup of your filling into a sausage shape and place it on the outer edge of a pastry sheet half. Roll it up and pinch the pastry with your fingers before cutting it into four equal parts. Place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper while making sure to leave enough space between the rolls.
- Repeat the procedure with the rest of the mince and the other pastry sheet halves.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 35 minutes. Take them out when they are golden brown and cooked through!
Serve them hot with tomato and barbecue sauce!
Featured image taken from here.